Letchworth charity calling for stars to shine on night walk
A CHARITY which supports the terminally ill has launched its annual fundraiser which will see hundreds of ladies take to the streets for a night time walk.
Organisers from Garden House Hospice met with sponsors - including The Comet - at North Herts Leisure Centre in Letchworth GC on Monday as registration for the Starlight Walk 2011 was opened.
Now in its third year, up to 800 women can take part in the event in which participants can choose a six or 10 mile challenge, be it to remember a loved one, soak up the atmosphere or to keep fit.
Setting out from North Herts Leisure Centre under the stars, both routes are designed so that walkers surround the Gillison Close hospice with their support as they make their way round.
After raising more than �50,000 in each of the last two years, the hospice hope to top their previous totals this time around.
Registration cost �15 and includes a Starlight Walk 2011 T-shirt, water, medal and light refreshments at the end of the walk.
*If walking is not for you, there is the chance to be part of the event by volunteering to help on the
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
night with men and women needed to line the route.
To enter or volunteer call the hospice’s fundraising team on 01462 679540 or visit www.ghhospice.co.uk for more information on how to get involved.