Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living starts new series of courses
- Credit: Archant
A new series of courses started on Monday at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living – and there are still places available in the range of classes.
Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, the Alexander Technique and mindfulness form the backbone of the Hitchin Road centre’s programme of 83 weekly classes.
But there’s also lots of dance – ballet, salsa and Zuma – meditation, and things for children and teens.
These range from ballet classes for 2½-to-11-year-olds, modern jazz and tap for children aged five to 10, yoga for five-to-nine-year-olds, and mindfulness for children aged seven to 11.
New this term is a five-week energy psychology course run by Dr Phil Mollon, which teaches self-help methods for managing stress, depression and anxiety.
You may also want to watch:
Also – run for the first time so people who work in the day can attend – there is a programme of Positive Movement for those aged 60 and over living with mobility issues.
It is also suitable for carers and those living with long-term conditions.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
This unique programme combines an accessible form of yoga with the principles of the Alexander Technique.
To find out more or enrol, see letchworthcentre.org or call 01462 678804.