Letchworth business donates climbing equipment to Woolgrove School
- Credit: Archant
Children at the Woolgrove School Special Needs Academy have been benefitting from a Letchworth-based business’ donation of climbing equipment.
The Harter Fell climber has been donated to the outdoor play area for the school’s youngest age group in the Early Years Foundation Stage, who are aged 4, courtesy of Support UK.
This is especially important for the school, as some of the learning is facilitated through play or sensory activities. The donation adds to the school’s outdoor learning development.
Head of infants Vicky Litchfield, and headteacher Lisa Hall both remarked on how this climbing equipment had benefitted the children’s gross motor skills, as well as their confidence, stating that a lot of the pupils now comfortable climbing all the way to the top.
Vicky said: “The climbing equipment means that they have been holding on the ropes which has had a huge impact on their writing, because they are strengthening their wrists and shoulders.”
You may also want to watch:
Support UK is a business communication company that is known for making charitable donations to local causes out of its own profits.
Lisa Hall told the Comet: “The physical development is just as important as learning development. You’ve got to build up that core strength, and if you don’t have those opportunities you’re never going to be able to expand your writing skills.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
“We are extremely grateful for the generous donation of the Harter Fell Climber by Martin Green at Support UK. This has really enhanced the newly developed outside area for our youngest children, many of whom have complex physical needs. “The children have said they love climbing on it and it has been instrumental in developing both their physical abilities and their confidence.
“This is something we would have had to have fundraised for but with the help of Support UK we have been able to have it installed straight away.
“As some of our pupils live in Letchworth it’s great to have the support of a local company, especially in a time when school budgets are under such pressure.”
Support UK also donates to the Bravehearts rugby club and staff regularly get involved in training, as well as Magpas Air Ambulance.