Best Before Café reopens in Letchworth with new safety measures
- Credit: Archant
The Best Before Café in Letchworth is now open and serving food for the first time in three months.
The team at Mrs Howard Memorial Hall reopened at 11am this morning with social distancing and safety measures in place.
The staff – who successfully trialled the system last week – are working with a reduced team, and visitors will be asked to use hand sanitiser before they enter.
There will be a maximum of four customers in the hall at one time, and there will be a strict one-way system to follow.
Though its café has been closed since the end of March, the charity has adapted to the COVID-19 emergency by making deliveries to those in need, sending boxes of food from local supermarkets to churches and other organisations.
You may also want to watch:
After receiving grants from the government and the Letchworth Heritage Foundation, the Best Before team also bought a new £18,000 van to help with deliveries – and were given vacant space at 7 The Arcade to help with the operation.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years