Thousands attend annual Beer and World Food festival in Letchworth
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Letchworth’s third Beer and World Food Festival attracted thousands to the town at the weekend.
The Love Letchworth event included beer, gin and prosecco tents, as well as a wealth of cuisines and children’s entertainment.
Letchworth BID manager Patricia Saunders said: “Thousands of people visited Letchworth town centre for our third Beer and World Food Festival.
“It was a fantastic weekend with something for everyone, fine weather and a great atmosphere.
“We were really pleased to be supported by local businesses including sponsor Crafty’s, who organised the main beer tent on Leys Square, and Garden City Brewery in the Wynd, who put on a fabulous Cider Festival.”
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment on the day included beer yoga for the adults, and funfair rides for the children.
The next Love Letchworth event will be the Christmas lights switch-on on Saturday, November 24.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Businesses in the Letchworth BID District will vote whether or not they wish to continue the work of Love Letchworth next month.
A meeting for BID members will be held on Wednesday at Eastcheap House from 5.30pm to 7pm to discuss the renewal process.