Letchworth Beer and Cider Festival a big hit
IT was all hands to the pump last weekend as volunteers hosted an annual beer festival.
This year’s Letchworth Beer and Cider Festival opened on Thursday at its new home, the Green House Community Market in the town centre.
North Herts CAMRA volunteers got to grips with their new surroundings in Station Road while installing barrels which flowed through to Saturday.
The festival, which until the move had been held at Plinston for many years, stocked more than 50 real ales, as well as ciders and perries.
Chairman of CAMRA North Herts, Brian Mason said: “The event went very and over the festival we have 1100 people attending the event.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a bit of rain and people had to keep their coats on but we had positive comments on the new venue with people saying it had a lot of character which added to the atmosphere.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision