Anonymous donor gives state-of-the-art exercise bike to Letchworth therapy centre
- Credit: Archant
An anonymous benefactor has donated a state-of-the-art exercise bike for wheelchair users to a therapy charity in Letchworth.
The Herts MS Therapy Centre in Campus Five helps anyone with any long-term condition, and its gym now boasts a Tigo-506 specialist cycle – which is particularly helpful for those with lower-body challenges.
The machine – complete with safety cuffs, easy release and personalised pedal range – helps with circulation and mobility, with exercise options including racing a car, saving goals or flying in space.
Herts MS Therapy Centre chief executive Mark Boscher said: “We are incredibly grateful to have been given this remarkable piece of equipment.
“It’s great fun to use and offers exciting exercise options to many of the people who use our gym.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been fundraising to afford this particular piece of equipment for a while. This generous gift means that people can start feeling the benefits – and trying something different – far more quickly.”
The Tigo-506, made by Medicotech, improves muscle tone and offers feedback on balance and co-ordination as well as distance covered.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Medicotech owner Shukri Mansour recommended the Letchworth charity to the donor because he felt that it would be greatly valued and used to make a positive difference to many people in wheelchairs or with limited lower body use in North Herts and the surrounding area.
The Herts MS Therapy Centre offers specialist physiotherapy and exercise support as one of its key services.
To find out more, give Claire at the Herts MS Therapy Centre a call on 01462 684214 or email email@example.com.