Letchworth barber donates day’s takings to charity
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN centre barbers shop has celebrated its first year of being open by donating a day’s takings and tips to the Comet’s Charity of the Year.
Dean Mayes and Geraldine Travi, owners of The Lounge in Eastcheap, Letchworth GC, donated £300 to Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North.
The shop invited customers to celebrate its anniversary, with North East Hertfordshire MP Oliver Heald among those sitting in the chair to get a trim for charity.
Dean, 27, has more than 12 years experience in hairdressing and barbering.
He said: “What a wonderful day we had. It was the perfect way to celebrate the success of our first year.
You may also want to watch:
“Geraldine and I have worked so hard over the past 12 months and with the support of friends, family and our customers we are looking forward to many more years in Letchworth.”
Mr Heald said: “It was great to have a trim in aid of Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North and I think it is wonderful that stylist Dean is giving his takings to charity.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“I know that many people have been helped by Crossroads Care and I applaud this initiative.”
To find out more about the services offered by Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North call 01462 455578 or email email@example.com