Letchworth and Baldock MP Oliver Heald loses ministerial role in cabinet reshuffle
- Credit: Archant
An MP has lost his ministerial role in a cabinet reshuffle.
Oliver Heald, MP for North East Herts, has been removed from his post as solicitor-general and deputy to attorney-general Dominic Grieve.
Mr Heald, a former barrister, took up the post in September 2012 following another reshuffle and previously held the role of under secretary at the Department of Social Security in John Major’s government.
He said: “I was very fortunate to have held two posts in government as a minister and obviously that is a privilege.
“I have always been focused on helping my constituents in East and North Herts and there is still a lot of work to do for them which I intend to keep on doing.”
You may also want to watch:
It is yet to be announced who will replace him.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal