Let’s step out and set a new record with a winning Herts Health Walk stroll on Monday
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Hertfordshire’s health walks programme are hoping for a record-breaking turnout on Monday.
Herts County Council’s Countryside Management Service wants to get as many people as possible involved in the free guided walks throughout the morning.
The mass health walk aims to celebrate Hertfordshire’s first countywide walking festival, which is running throughout May.
County Hall’s cabinet member for public health Councillor Teresa Heritage said: “The festival has really captured the imagination and the mass health walk is a fantastic way to get even more people involved.
“We’re thrilled to see so many people getting more active – in many ways walking is the perfect prescription, it’s good for our health, it’s a great mood-booster and people can easily fit it into their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
You can find a full list of Monday’s scheduled walks – including routes in Hitchin, Letchworth and Stevenage – along with meeting points and other information, online at www.hertfordshirehealthwalks.org .
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5