Let’s hear it for the boys at a charity singalong in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring male singers are being invited to warm up their vocal chords and join an all male charity singing session today in Letchworth.
Newcomers are being encouraged to join tenor and bass voices from the City Chorus choir to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
The choir’s Anna Westbrook-White says men need that extra push to get them involved in group singing.
She said: “Men tend to be very focused on their careers and so need more encouragement than women to join a choir.
“We’ve held a few men only days, and when newcomers join a lot of them realise they can sing.
You may also want to watch:
“Being part of a choir makes you feel great, it’s important for psychological wellbeing. It can also help physical problems.
“People say that you can switch off and relax when you do sports, but there’s no better way to escape from your day to day life than through singing.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
“The levels of concentration you put into singing a song, you really switch off from daily stresses.”
The session costs £10 a head and runs from 10am to 12.30pm at Letchworth Free Church in Norton Way South.
To find out more about the choir, and how to get involved in the charity session, contact City Chorus on 01462 677077.