Let’s drink to it!
BEER-ware, you will be spoilt for choice at this upcoming event. For lovers of ale, lager and cider, Hitchin s annual Beer Festival will be pulling all the right pumps, offering drinkers a splendid tour around some of Britain s finest tipples. The festiva
BEER-ware, you will be spoilt for choice at this upcoming event.
For lovers of ale, lager and cider, Hitchin's annual Beer Festival will be pulling all the right pumps, offering drinkers a splendid tour around some of Britain's finest tipples.
The festival is now in its sixth year and has even more on offer than before.
Due to the popularity of last year's festival, when the barrels were all empty by Saturday afternoon, organisers have increased the number of real ales from 40 to 50.
There will also be a good range of ciders, perries and foreign beers.
So, hopefully, there will be no dry mouths in Hitchin next Friday and Saturday, March 17 and 18. North Herts CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) and Hitchin Round Table will be hosting the event in Hitchin Town Hall and because it falls on St Patrick's Day this year, there will be a Celtic theme alongside a number of Irish cask beers.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
If you're a CAMRA member you get in free and for everyone else entry costs £1 before 4pm and £2 thereafter.
A selection of food will be on sale, as well as souvenir glasses, tombola prizes and other merchandise.
A panel of prestigious ale judges will be tasting the talent to find the Champion Beer of East Anglia.
Opening times are 11am until 11pm on both Friday and Saturday.