Leisure centre strikes gold in satisfaction survey
LEISURE facilities in Sandy have won a top award in a National Benchmarking survey conducted with Sport England. The survey looked at customer responses and covered over 900 UK leisure centres. Sandy Leisure Centre was voted the best performing leisure ce
LEISURE facilities in Sandy have won a top award in a National Benchmarking survey conducted with Sport England. The survey looked at customer responses and covered over 900 UK leisure centres.
Sandy Leisure Centre was voted the best performing leisure centre in the country for keeping its customers satisfied and meeting their high expectations in the national survey undertaken by the National Benchmarking Society completed by Sport England.
Stevenage Leisure, which manages the centre on behalf of Mid Beds District Council, will be sending a representative to the NBS conference in December to receive a Certificate of Excellence and take part in a seminar entitled Satisfaction: how to keep your customers satisfied where they will be quizzed on their achievements.
Although Saxon Pool and Leisure Centre in Biggleswade did not achieve an award, its success still puts it in the top 5 per cent of centres in the country.
Adrian Lear, leisure contracts manager at the council, said: "By providing award-winning facilities close to home we hope more people will commit to get fit and develop a healthy lifestyle.
"We have invested heavily in improving our facilities and these awards recognise the good working relationship we have with Stevenage Leisure. We would like to congratulate them on their excellent achievement.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service