LEGO Star Wars bedroom unveiled to Knebworth schoolboy
- Credit: Archant
A schoolboy’s bedroom has been given a LEGO Star Wars-themed makeover.
Five-year-old Milun Simpson, who lives in Knebworth, had his new room unveiled last week after winning Star Wars Comic’s LEGO-sponsored competition.
Milun entered the contest after his grandparents bought him the comic as a gift following a holiday to India.
He designed the bedroom himself – beating hundreds of other entries from across the UK.
In total 8,000 brown, 4,000 grey, 3,000 green and 1,000 black bricks were used to transform his room.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the most awesome bedroom ever,” said Milun, who is also a fan of the Star Wars film series.
“I want to be a Jedi or an author when I grow up so now I can start training here.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Dad Matt Simpson said: “Since watching his first Star Wars film aged just three, Milun was hooked, as I was at his age. It really is a dream come true for him.”
Some of new bedroom’s highlights include a four metre long LEGO mural featuring a 3D Millenium Falcon ship and a life-size Yoda, a Death Star table lamp and a large R2-D2 model.
The competition, which coincides with the unofficial Star Wars holiday on May 4, was held to mark the 15-year anniversary of the first ever LEGO Star Wars product going on sale.