League 2 latest: Northampton extend winger’s deal
- Credit: Archant
Chris Hackett signs two-year contract, while Southend United bring in Charlton midfielder
Northampton Town winger Chris Hackett has signed a new two-year deal with the club, according to the BBC.
The 31-year-old helped the Cobblers narrowly avoid relegation to the Conference last season.
Former Luton Town boss Richard Money believes the Hatters can finish in the top three of League 2 next season, according to the Luton News.
Money, whose Cambridge United side joined Luton in League 2 with a play-off win over Gateshead at the weekend, said that the difficulty is getting out of the Conference – after that, teams can go through the leagues quickly.
You may also want to watch:
Southend United have signed Ellis Brown on a one-year deal.
The midfielder/striker was released by Charlton Athletic at the end of the season.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV