League 2 latest: clubs continue with recruitment drives
- Credit: Archant
Portsmouth and Bury both bring in players from non-league football, while bookmakers make Shrews one of the favourites for promotion
Portsmouth have brought in midfielder Nigel Atangana from Havant & Waterlooville.
The 25-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the south coast club.
Bury have also looked into non-league football for their latest acquisition, Keil O’Brien.
The former Manchester United defender, 20, joins the Shakers from Chorley. He was the Conference Premier club’s player of the season last year.
You may also want to watch:
Junior Morais has signed a new one-year contract with Wycombe Wanderers.
The teenager made 10 substitute appearances for the club last season and also enjoyed loan spells at Hendon and Boreham Wood.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
Shrewsbury Town boss Micky Mellon says he is not taking any notice of bookmakers’ odds making his side one of the favourites for an immediate return to League 1.
Speaking to the Shropshire Star, Mellon said of his side’s 2/1 odds: “I wouldn’t pay attention to that myself. It is nice that people think we are a good outfit but all I will concentrate on is getting this group as fit as possible, getting them bonded and the team gelled together during pre-season.”