League 1 preview: Notts County could be as good as relegated after this weekend
- Credit: Archant
MK Dons sign Swansea striker, while Preston North End forward drops down to League 2
Stevenage’s rivals in the bid to beat the drop into League 2 are all in action on Saturday.
The biggest match, perhaps, sees Carlisle United, who occupy the place directly above the relegation zone, travel to bottom of the table Notts County.
Lose that one and County could be as many as 10 points off safety with only eight matches remaining. Although not mathematically down, it would take some feat for them to recover from that position.
You may also want to watch:
Crewe Alexandra, who are on the same number of points as Boro (37), travel to Gillingham on Saturday, while Oldham Athletic (39) host in-form Crawley Town and Tranmere Rovers (39) travel to Port Vale.
Comings and goings
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
MK Dons have signed teenage striker James Loveridge from Swansea City. The 19-year-old is eligible for this Saturday’s match at Stevenage.
Dominic Iorfa swapped the top of the table for second from bottom as he joined Shrewsbury Town on a one-month deal from league leaders Wolves.
Iain Hume has dropped down a division for the rest of the season. The Preston North End striker has signed on loan for League 2 side Fleetwood Town for the rest of the season.
Fixtures: Sheffield United v Wolves; Brentford v Coventry City; Colchester United v Bristol City; Gillingham v Crewe Alexandra; Notts County v Carlisle United; Oldham Athletic v Crawley Town; Peterborough United v Rotherham United; Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers; Shrewsbury Town v Bradford City; Stevenage v MK Dons; Swindon Town v Preston North End; Walsall v Leyton Orient.