Layth’s ‘Miracle’ Arsenal book signing tour comes to Hitchin Waterstones this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Comet journalist and Arsenal fan Layth Yousif is marking the success of his second book by holding a signing in Hitchin on Saturday.
His Miracle of Copenhagen book tells the story of the club’s most recent European trophy win in 1993/94 – when the Gunners unfancied team beat some of the best sides across the continent to lift the Cup Winners Cup.
The book features interviews with some of the main protagonists during that season, original insights from well-respected Fleet Street sportswriters including Patrick Barclay and Amy Lawrence – as well as many passionate fans who, along with Layth were present at all the games home and away that memorable year.
Layth has been a season ticket holder for 31 years as well as reporting on the team home and away from the press box.
He held a successful book launch in London, attended by a Sky Sports broadcaster as well as Fleet Street journalists and Arsenal fans.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’ve been stunned by its success and just want to say a big thank you to each and every person who has backed me and this project so far.
”I can’t wait to meet as many North Herts Gooners as possible at Hitchin Waterstones in Market Place from 10am to 2pm.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
The Miracle of Copenhagen is published by Amberely and costs £12.99.
You can follow Layth on his sports account @laythy29 or from his Comet one @comet_layth.