Last chance to visit Letchworth’s Standalone Farm before improvement works begin
- Credit: Archant
This weekend is the last chance to visit Standalone Farm before it closes for improvement works that will take place during autumn and winter.
More than 18,000 people have already visited the farm since it reopened on August 1 following the coronavirus lockdown.
Venues manager at Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation, Jason Valentine, said: “A massive thank you to everyone who visited Standalone Farm this summer.
“While the impact of COVID-19 on the farm has been significant, we were keen to reopen for a few weeks to ensure local families had somewhere to go during the school holidays.
“We have appreciated all the messages of support from our customers who have been very understanding about the restrictions and changes we have had to make during this difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to welcome them one more time this weekend before we close on Sunday.”
Safety measures were put in place to allow local families a safe space to visit over the school holidays as the COVID-19 situation continues.
- 1 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Road closed between Stevenage and Watton due to floods
- 5 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 6 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 9 Hitchin's River Hiz set for its annual clean
- 10 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
Some of the improvements being implemented at Standalone have been suggested by customers who took part in a survey in 2019.
The farm is due to reopen in February 2021. To book tickets visit standalonefarm.com/tickets.