Last chance to nominate for Comet Community Awards 2014
- Credit: Archant
The opportunity to nominate someone for this year’s Comet Community Awards ends today (Friday).
The Comet Community Awards aim to recognise inspirational people living and working in Comet country. This year’s 12 award categories include Young Achiever, Good Neighbour and Great and Green.
The final deadline for entries to the awards is today at 5pm.
One of the many nominees for this year is child support worker Penny Howarth, who was put forward for the Service to the Community category.
Penny works at the Angels Support Group, based in Letchworth GC, and provides help to parent and carers of children with autism and ADHD.
You may also want to watch:
Her role involves running parent workshops, giving advice to parent groups and advising through one-to-one sessions.
Parent Maddie Samson said: “Finding out your child has one of these disabilities is overwhelming and very isolating but through Penny and her colleagues parents learn to manage their children’s conditions.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“She keeps her phone on 24 hours a day and is always available to provide a helping hand. She is an amazing woman who has saved many families through her dedication and commitment.”
Penny said: “I’m very grateful to have been nominated for this award. It is wonderful to see the work being done at our group being recognised in this way.”
If you know someone you think deserves to be recognised for their work and achievements, visit www.cometcommunityawards.co.uk and fill in the form before 5pm today.