Last chance to become a star
TIME is running out to register for a talent contest in Comet country. Mayor of Stevenage, Mick Patston, is holding Stevenage s Got Talent in a bid to find the most gifted residents in town, as well as to raise money for his chosen charities. Auditions wi
TIME is running out to register for a talent contest in Comet country.
Mayor of Stevenage, Mick Patston, is holding Stevenage's Got Talent in a bid to find the most gifted residents in town, as well as to raise money for his chosen charities.
Auditions will be held at Shephall Community Centre, on Shephall Green in the town, from 10am until 4pm on Saturday (February 21).
Residents with a talent for anything from singing and dancing, to yodelling and playing a musical instrument, are invited to attend the auditions.
The panel of judges will include Cllr Patston, Comet editor Darren Isted and MBDA's Alan Fuller, and the best four audition acts will go on to perform at the Mayor's Charity Concert, which will be held at The Gordon Craig Theatre.
Cllr Patston said: "We want people to turn up at the auditions, perform for about five minutes, and have fun."
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
The event will raise money for the mayor's Stevenage-based charities, which are the army, sea and air cadets, and Tracks - which provides care and support for pre-school children diagnosed with complex communication disorders, including autism.
* To book tickets for the Mayor's Charity Concert, which starts at 7pm on Thursday, March 26, visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk or call the box office on 08700 131 030. All tickets are �5.