‘Vicious attack’ on man in his own home in Langford
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A Langford man opened his back door only to be slashed with a sharp object in what police have called a “vicious attack”.
The incident happened in the village near Biggleswade at about 7.45pm on Friday night.
The victim, who was at his home in Riverside Gardens, saw someone approaching the back door and opened it. He was then assaulted and slashed with a sharp object, after which the attacker fled.
Police are looking for anyone who was in the area at the time and who may have information about the attacker. He is described as a white man in his early 20s, with short dark hair, and was wearing a black hooded jacket and black trousers.
Det Con Olyver Tomlinson, who is investigating, said: “This was a vicious attack in which offender targeted the victim in their own home.
“We are keen to speak to anyone who might have witnessed anything suspicious in the area at this time to come forward.”
Anyone with information should call Beds police on 101 and quote crime reference 40/21820/18. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 10 Axes and knives found during weapons raid