Lancaster is going to be an asset for us - Westley
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss is pleased with new striker’s start to life at Boro
Graham Westley says new signing Cameron Lancaster is going to be an ‘asset’ for his team.
The 21-year-old former Spurs youngster scored on his debut for the club on Saturday in the 3-2 victory at AFC Wimbledon, a cross that the forward hit from near the left touchline before it looped over AFC goalkeeper James Shea and under the crossbar.
Speaking about his new signing, Westley said: “The goal, people could look at and say did he mean it, was it a special moment?
“I think anyone of us who have played the game knows it was a well delivered ball to the back post that happened to go in.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s not to take anything away from him. When I asked him afterwards did he mean it, he had one of those wry smiles on his face that I would have worn and I think I would have just about managed to get the lie out that I did mean it before I broke out into laughter.
“He put in a terrific display, he was strong in holding the ball up, he was creative with his feet, and he got in the right areas.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
“I’ve had him in for a while now, we saw him in pre-season. We’ve managed to secure him now and I think he’s going to be an asset for us.”