Laird finds form at the right time
SCOTT Laird was delighted with his return to form in the 2-1 win over Southend and is now chomping at the bit ahead of the new Blue Square Premier season this weekend. The former Plymouth man admitted that he s been unhappy with his form in pre-season lea
SCOTT Laird was delighted with his return to form in the 2-1 win over Southend and is now chomping at the bit ahead of the new Blue Square Premier season this weekend.
The former Plymouth man admitted that he's been unhappy with his form in pre-season leading up to the Southend game but believes he's ready to go after an assured display at left back.
"I've had an inconsistent pre-season by my own standards but I was back on it against Southend - I was more like my old self," Laird told The Comet.
"I think it's just pre-season. I played the most games I've ever played last season and I'm just trying to get back in to it.
You may also want to watch:
"Some players come back and they start on it straight away like Lawrie (Wilson) - he's been brilliant all pre-season and I know Lawrie will carry that on into the season but it's taken me until the second from last game of pre-season to get where I want to be. That's what pre-season is all about. It's about August 8 and being ready to fire on all cylinders and I'll be doing that.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed