Ladies needed for beds
A NURSING home is calling on walkers and dancers to help care for its residents in its ruby year. This year marks Sue Ryder Care Stagenhoe s 40th birthday and to celebrate they are holding a ladies midnight walk and a summer ball to raise money to buy sp
A NURSING home is calling on walkers and dancers to help care for its residents in its ruby year.
This year marks Sue Ryder Care Stagenhoe's 40th birthday and to celebrate they are holding a ladies midnight walk and a summer ball to raise money to buy special beds for those they care for. The St Paul's Walden nursing home looks after people living with long-term conditions such as multiple sclerosis and Huntington's disease.
Centre manager Fran Short said: "Specialist beds offer many advantages over a traditional bed in terms of accommodating mobility restrictions. The beds are adjustable so people in our care can sit up, lie back down and get in and out of bed at the touch of a button, providing considerable impact on their quality of life."
The midnight walk takes place on Saturday May 30 starting from Stevenage Football Club. It costs �12 to enter and each walker will receive a T-shirt, walking pack and goody bag as well as a takeaway breakfast.
You may also want to watch:
Paula Priestly, area fundraising manager, said: "We are looking for up to 750 ladies to take part in this great event to help raise vital income for our residents and help us ensure more people get the best quality of life whatever their condition.
"We are also looking for volunteers to help on the night. So ladies if you are unable to walk but would still like to help or any husbands and partners, please do contact us."
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
The centre is also holding a summer ball at Offley Place in Great Offley on September 11 as part of its Special Beds Appeal.
To register for the walk or for tickets to the ball go to www.suerydercare.org or call 01438 871427.