Labour’s parliamentary candidate for Hitchin and Harpenden John Hayes says: Latest polls show our message is getting through
- Credit: Archant
Labour’s parliamentary candidate for Hitchin and Harpenden has been busy campaigning throughout the constituency today.
John Hayes, Labour party activists and supporters were out in force across the area working hard to deliver some of the 40,000 leaflets they plan to post through letter boxes before the General Election on June 8.
Between them campaigners knocked on doors and leafleted various parts of Hitchin and Harpenden as well as villages including Whitwell.
The teacher from Hitchin who works at a school in London said: “It’s great to see so many of our members being so well received by voters across the constituency. “The latest polls show that our message is getting through and our policies are proving very popular.
“We know we have much to do but the feedback we’re getting is incredibly positive.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea of a local candidate who is rooted in the public sector is continuing to be a wining factor.
“We will continue to try to get to as many households as possible household over the next two weeks.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
John will be in Hitchin as well as Harpenden town centres meeting constituents over the next two weekends ahead of the election.
He is also taking part in the in the Hitchin hustings on Friday, June 2.