Labour leadership candidates hoping to replace Ed Miliband heading to Stevenage for hustings event
- Credit: Archant
As the party recovers from a disastrous election campaign, the MPs fighting to become Labour’s next leader are heading to Stevenage tomorrow.
Andy Burnham, Liz Kendall, Yvette Cooper and Jeremy Corbyn will be battling it out to prove why they are the right person to lead the official opposition to the Conservative government.
Members of the public, party supporters and invited guests will be attending the event.
Journalist and Guardian columnist Gaby Hinsliff will be running the hustings which will feature each candidate answering nine questions selected from the audience.
After lunch it’s the turn of Tom Watson, Caroline Flint, Stella Creasy, Ben Bradshaw and Angela Eagle to prove why they should be chosen as deputy leader.
You may also want to watch:
This will follow the same format as the leader’s hustings. The event is being held at The Forum in Danestrete. Doors open at 10.30am for a 11.30am start.
It is a public event but required registration, which has now closed.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery