Labour holds in first election results for Stevenage
IN the first two ward results for the Hertfordshire County Council elections, Labour has held both seats. In Bedwell, Labour candidate Sharon Taylor, who is leader of Stevenage Borough Council, claimed 1256 votes – a landslide victory over Tory candidate
IN the first two ward results for the Hertfordshire County Council elections, Labour has held both seats.
In Bedwell, Labour candidate Sharon Taylor, who is leader of Stevenage Borough Council, claimed 1256 votes - a landslide victory over Tory candidate Leslie Clark, who secured 763 votes.
In Shephall, Labour candidate John Lloyd amassed 1026 votes, compared with Tory Christine Hurst who totalled 784 votes.
CLARK, Leslie (Cons) 763
GODFREY, Thomas (BNP) 243
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
STEINER, Gareth (Lib Dem) 342
TAYLOR, Sharon (Lab) 1256 Elected
TOMPKINS, Terry (UKIP) 490
WALKER, Ashley (Green) 181
BASKERVILLE, Nicholas (Lib Dem) 380
COOPER, Carl (Eng Dem) 147
HOYES, William (Green) 193
HURST, Christine (Cons) 784
LAYSON, Bob (UKIP) 400
LLOYD, John (Lab) 1026 Elected
SAVAGE, Terence (BNP) 197