Labadie banned for six months for biting Stevenage defender
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham and Redbridge midfielder Joss Labadie has been banned from football for six months for biting Stevenage defender Ronnie Henry.
The incident took place when the two sides met at the Lamex Stadium in a Sky Bet League Two clash on March 21.
Last season Labadie was banned for 10 games for another biting offence while playing for Torquay United.
A statement on the Daggers’ website reads: “Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Joss Labadie appeared before a Football Association disciplinary hearing this afternoon.
“Joss pleaded not guilty to the charge of violent conduct.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately the case was found against him and the subsequent punishment issued by the FA is that he is banned from playing football games for six months commencing today.
“Both the player and the Club are awaiting the written report from the FA hearing before deciding their next steps.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5