Knebworth to host electro festival
- Credit: Archant
A MUSIC festival is set to take place at Knebworth Park this summer, promising 44 hours of performances from electro acts as well as on-site camping.
Eastern Electrics 2013 will be a three day, two night concert featuring more than 100 artists from around the world as well as rising talent in the electronic music genre.
Previously held at Clapham Common and in the Greenwich Peninsula the party has now moved to Knebworth House’s North Park and is expected to attract around 15,000 people from August 2 to 4.
Music will be played from 2pm to 6am on Friday and Saturday, and from 2pm to 10pm on Sunday, but Martha Lytton Cobbold from Knebworth Park explained noise would move inside sound-proof DJ tents after 10pm each night.
She told the Comet: “There will be one outdoors stage which will close quite early and then there will be around four or five tents with DJ booths inside.
“This stops the sound mixing between the tents and leaking off site.”
She added: “I’m delighted to have the festival here. It’s been a tough time economically and this is good for Knebworth, but also good news for the community.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
Although the headliners are still to be announced around 40 performers have already been revealed including Visionquest head honcho Seth Troxler, recently voted number one DJ in 2012 by Resident Advisor, mistress of minimal Magda, techno heavyweights Chris Liebing, Ellen Allien and Michael Mayer.
Earlybird camping tickets go on sale today, but with last year’s equivalent being sold out in under eight hours, fans are advised to book quickly to avoid disappointment.
Day tickets are expected to go on sale in April. The event is for over 18s only.
For more information and tickets, which go onsale today (Thursday) click on the link above right.