Knebworth station closed after fatality
KNEBWORTH Railway Station has been closed after a fatality there this morning during the rush hour. Police and ambulance crews were called to the station just after 8am following reports of a person having been hit by a train. British Transport Police hav
KNEBWORTH Railway Station has been closed after a fatality there this morning during the rush hour.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the station just after 8am following reports of a woman having been hit by a train.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesperson said:
“BTP can confirm that a person has died after being struck by a train at Knebworth rail station today, Thursday 26 March.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident was reported to police at 8.16am and is currently being attended by BTP, Hertfordshire Constabulary and paramedics from the local ambulance service.
“The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
“The train involved was the 7.52am Kings Cross to Cambridge rail service.”