Knebworth stars in new thriller
Knebworth is the backdrop to a thriller being filmed on location in Hertfordshire.
The feature-length movie, called No Smoke, has been shot in the village by Aston-based writer and director Sue Shearing.
Sue said: “It’s an exciting drama based on a true story involving the police, security services and terrorists.”
The film stars Nicola Wright, who has featured in Silent Witness and The Bill and plays the lead in new film Verity’s Summer currently in post-production.
It also features Paul Brennan and Clive Marlow, currently appearing in Mousetrap in the West End, Jonathon Ross’ stepfather and Hitchin actor Tony Philips, Stevenage’s Chris Oughton, Brian Emsey of Knebworth and Amelia Brown of Hitchin.
Sue said villagers have played an important role too, in taking the film from script to screen.
“Local people have been extremely helpful in allowing us to use their places as film location and I would like to say a huge thank you to them.”
- 1 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 4 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 5 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 6 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 7 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 8 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 9 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 10 National award for Hitchin property company
No Smoke is expected to premiere in the autumn.