Knebworth stars in new thriller
Knebworth is the backdrop to a thriller being filmed on location in Hertfordshire.
The feature-length movie, called No Smoke, has been shot in the village by Aston-based writer and director Sue Shearing.
Sue said: “It’s an exciting drama based on a true story involving the police, security services and terrorists.”
The film stars Nicola Wright, who has featured in Silent Witness and The Bill and plays the lead in new film Verity’s Summer currently in post-production.
It also features Paul Brennan and Clive Marlow, currently appearing in Mousetrap in the West End, Jonathon Ross’ stepfather and Hitchin actor Tony Philips, Stevenage’s Chris Oughton, Brian Emsey of Knebworth and Amelia Brown of Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Sue said villagers have played an important role too, in taking the film from script to screen.
“Local people have been extremely helpful in allowing us to use their places as film location and I would like to say a huge thank you to them.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
No Smoke is expected to premiere in the autumn.