Knebworth House hosts 10km cancer walk
A CHARITY walk raising funds to beat ovarian cancer will be held in a historic stately home for the first time next month.
The inaugural Walk for One Million will take place in the grounds of Knebworth House on Sunday, October 7, in aid of Target Ovarian Cancer.
The 10km course starts and finishes at Knebworth Barns and is open to men and women aged 16 and over.
An afternoon tea will also be held after the walk with former Blue Peter and This Morning television presenter Sarah Greene attending.
Karen Livermore, editor of Woman, a magazine backing the event, said: “Together we can really make a difference to so many women and their family and friends who have been touched by ovarian cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
To register for the fundraiser, which starts at 11am, visit www.targetovariancancer.org.uk/walkforonemillion
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds