Knebworth golfers club together to raise £10,500 for Stevenage day centre
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A charity golf day has raised a whopping £10,500 to support a day centre for senior citizens.
Knebworth Golf Club’s annual charity day was held last weekend and, as well as golf with prizes up for grabs, included a raffle and auction.
Captain Peter Gormley said: “We weren’t expecting to raise so much. Everyone was so generous and it was amazing.
“For the auction, people had donated golf holidays in Spain, a Spanish villa for a week and luxury hampers.
“The day centre was our chosen charity because we host Christmas dinner for its staff, volunteers and clients every year.
You may also want to watch:
“All the money raised is going to that charity and it will make such a huge difference.”
The day centre aims to enrich the social lives of senior citizens and help prevent isolation, and also provides a series of care groups, including a speech therapy session for stroke survivors.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction