Drone footage shows extent of crop fire damage near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Drone footage shows the massive extent of the damage caused by yesterday’s crop fire between Knebworth and Stevenage.
Mark West, who shot the footage, said the scale of the damage had “definitely surprised” him.
“There is a large valley in the middle of that part of the field which kind of hid some of the damage to the eye,” he told this paper.
“With the drone it shows up just how big of an area was actually lost.
“The fire managed to scorch a few of the trees that run alongside the railway tracks too – so potentially it could have been a lot worse if it weren’t for the swift action of the fire service.”
You may also want to watch:
Five fire engines – two from Stevenage and one each from Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City and Baldock & Letchworth stations – were at the scene as firefighters tackled the blaze with hosereels and beaters. Police officers are also there.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn