Knebworth Christmas lights switch-on has raised more than £3,000 for good causes
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas lights switch-on in Knebworth on Friday has raised more than £3,000 for good causes.
Darren and Megan Gilbert – who run the Mather Marshall estate agents branch in London Road – organised the event, which more than 400 people turned out for.
As well as stalls and fairground rides, there was entertainment from the likes of the Warriorz dance group, Knebworth Community Chorus and DJ Grant Pinney.
The money raised through donations will be given to Knebworth’s Link-up Lunch Club and Knebworth Pre-School, Garden House Hospice Care in Letchworth, Kadoma Kidz in Stevenage and a national charity which supports men with prostate or pancreatic cancer.
Darren said: “As a business owner it is vital for the village community to come together.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proud to support our locals and we are so pleased to have reached a record amount of money for our selected charities.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go