Knebworth boy wins LEGO Star Wars bedroom competition
- Credit: Archant
A schoolboy has won a national competition to redesign his bedroom in the style of the Star Wars films.
Five-year-old Milun Simpson, of Knebworth, entered the Star Wars Comic magazine’s competiton, sponsored by LEGO, in March.
His design took inspiration from his favourite scenes in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - including an Ewok forest cabin bed and a Death Star lampshade.
The prize will see LEGO completely transform his room and make his dream bedroom a reality by building his own design completely out of LEGO bricks in collaboration with specialised building company Bright Bricks.
Milun said: “I’m so excited my bedroom is going to look like an Ewok Village. I can’t wait to see my new bedroom and play with all my toys.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad Matt Simpson, said: “Since watching his first Star Wars film aged just three, Milun has been hooked, as I was at his age. It really is a dream come true for Milun and we both can’t wait to see his room transformed.”
The work will be completed to conincide with unofficial holiday Star Wars Day - May 4. The prize marks 15 years since the release of the very first LEGO Star Wars set.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style