King of the keyboards
A world-class organist is to play at a Biggleswade church next month. Carlo Curley will play on the magnificent organ at Trinity Methodist Church in Shortmead Street on Saturday, March 25. The event promises to be an exciting mix of musical styles guarant
A world-class organist is to play at a Biggleswade church next month.
Carlo Curley will play on the magnificent organ at Trinity Methodist Church in Shortmead Street on Saturday, March 25.
The event promises to be an exciting mix of musical styles guaranteed to bring out the best of the organ which has been restored in recent years.
Dubbed the Pavarotti of the organ, Mr Curley has performed at many of the major venues throughout the world and given recitals on the great organs of Europe and Britain, including the Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall and Westminster Abbey.
You may also want to watch:
His extensive North American tours have even included, by special invitation of the US president, the first ever classical organ concert in the White House.
During his long music career he has also released many records.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 6 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 9 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 10 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7.30pm, can be obtained by calling 01767 313798. Prices are £8 to sit in the gallery of the church and £12 for a pew downstairs.