King of the keyboards
A world-class organist is to play at a Biggleswade church next month. Carlo Curley will play on the magnificent organ at Trinity Methodist Church in Shortmead Street on Saturday, March 25. The event promises to be an exciting mix of musical styles guarant
A world-class organist is to play at a Biggleswade church next month.
Carlo Curley will play on the magnificent organ at Trinity Methodist Church in Shortmead Street on Saturday, March 25.
The event promises to be an exciting mix of musical styles guaranteed to bring out the best of the organ which has been restored in recent years.
Dubbed the Pavarotti of the organ, Mr Curley has performed at many of the major venues throughout the world and given recitals on the great organs of Europe and Britain, including the Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall and Westminster Abbey.
You may also want to watch:
His extensive North American tours have even included, by special invitation of the US president, the first ever classical organ concert in the White House.
During his long music career he has also released many records.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7.30pm, can be obtained by calling 01767 313798. Prices are £8 to sit in the gallery of the church and £12 for a pew downstairs.