Kind-hearted Hitchin Town FC and their supporters and sponsors raise amazing amount for neonatal charity Sands UK
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin Town FC have once again lived up to their reputation as a caring community-minded club by raising an impressive £1,000 for Sands UK – the neonatal death charity – through the generosity of supporters and businesses in our area.
The Fishponds Road based club initially collected £480 through a bucket collection at the recent home match against Kings Langley, with a further £100 donated by their supporters club with the club itself adding £120 to the total to bring it up to £700.
However, Tim Smith, group manager of Mastercars Hitchin contacted club secretary Roy Izzard to say their business had organised a collection among its staff raising an extra £100 – which saw the generous company add an additional £200 to their donation making the total amount raised for Sands UK to a cool £1,000.
Club stalwart Roy said: “This was a very generous gesture from one of our valued sponsors – a big thank you to everyone who kindly donated to a very worthwhile cause.”
Lee Armitt from Sands UK added: “It is fantastic news the total donated from Hitchin Town and sponsors is now £1,000. It’s amazing news.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re very grateful for your support.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal