Kimpton ready for marvellous May festival
- Credit: Archant
Kimpton village celebrates its 50th May festival today (Friday).
The four-day festival, with a ‘50’ theme, starts with an art show on the opening night in the Church of St Peter and and St Paul from 6pm and a wine tasting from 8.30pm at Church House hosted by Mark Buckenham from Stevenage-based The Wine Society.
Tomorrow (Saturday), a procession through Kimpton High Street sets off at 12.30pm leading to the recreation ground. Children’s activities there will see a series of arena events including Titan the Robot, as well as fairground rides and maypole dancing.
On Sunday proceedings begin on the recreation ground at 11,45am with a five-a-side football tournament before concluding with Kimpton Music Night from 7pm until midnight at Kimpton Memorial Hall.
Two fun runs are being held on Monday from the recreation ground, with check-in from 9.45am, before the grand auction and draw from 4.15pm on the village green.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.kimptonmayfest.co.uk or call Graham Archer 07973 698877.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage