Kids Twist and Pulse to the beat as Top Hat’s new Stevenage dance classes start
- Credit: Archant
Dancing and acting classes have started with a bang at a new Stevenage location.
The Top Hat Stage School has officially opened its Saturday lessons at The Nobel School in Mobbsbury Way.
Principal Warren Bacci said: “It went really well. We had loads of kids come along on the day and we’re looking forward to teaching them dancing and acting classes.”
Street dance duo Twist and Pulse opened the new classes with the help of Stevenage’s deputy mayor and mayoress John and Joan Lloyd.
The 2010 Britain’s Got Talent runners up then wowed the audience with a dance routine.
You may also want to watch:
Top Hat already runs weekly dance classes at The John Henry Newman School and has expanded to meet growing demand.
Warren added: “We want to get as many kids performing as we can. A lot of those who came down to the opening may have never danced before and we’re here to nurture that talent.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 9 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
“Some of our students have gone on to perform in the West End and on television and who’s to say some of the new students can’t also achieve that.”
The classes will run from 10am to 1pm every Saturday. For more call 01727 812666.