Kids come out in their droves for Baldock family-themed day of fun
- Credit: Archant
Kids came out in their droves to Baldock earlier this month for a family-themed day of fun.
Face painters were kept busy at The Engine pub as children transformed into beasts and took advantage of the bouncy castle and slides on offer, while the barbecue and bands ensured the folks were entertained.
There was also the added bonus of a certain Mickey Mouse working the crowd.
The event was organised by Helping Sick Children to raise money for the Magic of Play appeal, which provides games, televisions and toys for the new children’s playroom at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
A spokesman for Helping Sick Children said: “We would like to thank everyone that has taken part and came along to all of the events at The Engine – the support has been great.”
You may also want to watch:
The day of fun at the pub was an interlude however to Miami-themed parties on both Friday and Saturday night, which saw The Engine belting out club classics and offering an array of South Beach cocktails.
The next Helping Sick Children fundraiser takes place at The Engine, and will be in the form of an over-18s UV party on Friday, September 4.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Revellers are invited to come along to the free event – which will include prizes – in their most colourful kit and raise money for a good cause in the process.