Keith Keane wins points - GW
- Credit: Archant
Graham Westley expects new signing Keith Keane to do whatever it takes to help Stevenage pick up points during his loan spell.
Keane is not a new face to Boro’s manager. Westley had the 28-year-old at Preston North End after signing him from Luton Town.
When asked about the reunion, Westley said: “Keith Keane wins points, that’s what I know. I had him before and when I put a shirt on his back, he won points – that’s the measure of the man. Sometimes that means passing the ball, sometimes that means winning tackles and sometimes that means putting your head in and getting your nose kicked in.
“He wins points and does what needs to be done to win points.”
The familiarity between the pair means Keane can step straight into the squad and could start as early as Saturday at Cambridge United.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s good to bring people in that you know and that know you at this stage of the season,” explained Wesley. “Then you haven’t got that initiation period or that learning period; they know the expectations.
“He knows how highly I rate and value him and he knows what I want him to do on the pitch.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'