Keep fit and have fun!
JUMP in the saddle this summer – it s a great way to keep fit and have fun at the same time. That s the message from the Stevenage and North Herts branch of cycling club CTC. Following the success of the Stevenage Start of Summertime Specials which attrac
JUMP in the saddle this summer - it's a great way to keep fit and have fun at the same time.
That's the message from the Stevenage and North Herts branch of cycling club CTC.
Following the success of the Stevenage Start of Summertime Specials which attracted 333 cyclists, the Wednesday easy evening rides from Old Town have started early this year.
There will be a ride at least every Wednesday right through until September 26 - and they are free. Get along to Bowling Green near the warm memorial and Springfield House Community Centre in time for a 7.15pm start.
You may also want to watch:
Expect to cycle a total of about 15 to 20 miles at a sociable pace with 30 to 40 other people. There will be a short break in a country pub. You should be back in Stevenage about 10pm.
This Saturday there is a "starter" ride ideal for newcomers and those who just want to cruise. Meet at Costello's Cafe in Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage in time for a 2pm start. It will go to Whitwell and back and there'll be a refreshment break.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
The next CTC challenge ride will be the Stevenage Circular Cycle on Sunday, June 17. The 50-mile ride - a Bike Week event - will start from Fairlands Valley Park and visit many of the villages that surround Stevenage. For an entry form and details of the CTC's varied local programme, visit www.stevenagectc.info or call Jim on 01438 354505 or Tina on 01438 235881.