Kate in Fayre appearance
TV star Kate Robbins will top the bill at a church fayre in Biggleswade on Saturday. Kate, who has appeared in many series and was the female voice behind many Spitting Image characters, is also a supporter of the two charities that will benefit from the
TV star Kate Robbins will top the bill at a church fayre in Biggleswade on Saturday.
Kate, who has appeared in many series and was the female voice behind many Spitting Image characters, is also a supporter of the two charities that will benefit from the fayre at St Andrew's Church, Save the Children and The Children's Society. She is also the president of the Luton branch of Save the Children Society.
Last year the St Andrew's Church fayre in Shortmead Street raised £10,000 for charity and this year the church hopes to top that total with the weather set to be warm and dry.
It is regarded as the second biggest public event in the town behind the Biggleswade Carnival and once again hundreds of people are expected to flock to the church grounds for the six-hour event.
"There will be lots to do for everyone and hopefully the fayre will once again be a great success," said church spokesman Paul Williams.
"Not only will there be dozens of stalls but the main arena will stage a number of events including dancing and a band."
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
The fayre starts at 10am and will finish at 4pm.