Justin Lee Collins praises Comet country weight loss groups
A PAIR of slimming group leaders from Comet country were left pleasantly surprised at an annual award ceremony, after bumping into TV funnyman Justin Lee Collins and being praised by him.
Rebecca Wheeler and Maria Edwards, who run weekly Slimming World groups in Baldock, Hitchin and Letchworth, were praised by the Sunday Night Project host for the support they give to those aiming to lose weight.
The trio were all at an award ceremony which celebrates the organisation’s most successful slimmers.
“What’s great is it’s about ordinary people who’ve achieved something truly extraordinary,” said Justin.
“I know only too well that slimming isn’t easy. Having a great support network around you makes all the difference. Having met Rebecca and Maria, I think people in Hitchin are incredibly lucky to have their Slimming World groups on their doorstep.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair, who have been highly commended for their commitment to their jobs, said they were thrilled to be at the ceremony and meet the presenter.
“Meeting Justin Lee Collins was the perfect ending to what’s been an amazing year for Slimming World,” said Rebecca.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
“We’d love anyone who want to make their New Year’s resolution a reality to come join us at one of our groups. There’s no need to be put off.”