Julian’s long haul to raise cancer cash
A CYCLIST is to undertake a 750 mile journey to raise money for two charities. Julian Henty, from Hitchin, is to cycle from the Isle of Lewis in North West Scotland to Tottenham Court Road, London. He is raising money for both the Garden House Hospice, in
A CYCLIST is to undertake a 750 mile journey to raise money for two charities.
Julian Henty, from Hitchin, is to cycle from the Isle of Lewis in North West Scotland to Tottenham Court Road, London.
He is raising money for both the Garden House Hospice, in Gillison Close, Letchworth GC, and Cancer Research.
The journey will begin next Tuesday and will last for 10 days, including a stopover in Hitchin.
Mr Henty is hoping to raise around £1,000 for each of the charities in honour of his brother Ian who died after a courageous battle against bone cancer in 2002. His brother had spent some time in the hospice.
Mr Henty said he expects the Scotland leg of his journey to be hard work.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 3 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
He said: "I cycle every day and regularly cover 30 to 60 miles on a weekend day. I also go to the gym regularly.
"Scotland will be very hilly of course, cycling between 50 and 100 miles a day will be very demanding, and this must be maintained over one-and-a-half weeks, with one day off in the middle.
"The weather could also make things even tougher."
People can contact Mr Henty to sponsor him either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on his website at www.henty.co.uk