‘Julian is improving’ - Westley
Boro boss expects goalkeeper to take ‘one or two things’ away from City game
GRAHAM Westley says goalkeeper Alan Julian will take “one or two things” away from the Exeter City draw which the new Stevenage stopper can improve upon.
Julian kept a clean sheet on his return to the Boro first team after rejoining the club this summer, but although he started brightly the stopper twice found himself in trouble when attempting clearances outside his box whilst under pressure from City players.
After the game Westley says he was pleased with a clean sheet but added that Julian is working hard to improve certain aspects of his game.
“I think Alan was sound. In the end a goalkeeper can put his clean sheet forward and say ‘I’ve done my job’ and you can’t argue,” Westley said.
You may also want to watch:
“As with all the lads we’ll always pick out aspects of their game that they can improve upon and he’ll go away thinking about one or two things and hoping to be stronger.
“I think their goalkeeper (Artur Krysiak) gave a great display in terms of dominating a penalty area and I think our lads can expect to see more of that – goalkeepers who really do command their 18-yard box.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“Alan is improving in that regard all the time and I’m sure that as the season goes on he’ll get better and better.”