Joy for Peartree pupils as their designs are chosen to adorn winners’ jerseys in upcoming Pearl Izumi race
- Credit: Archant
Two Stevenage youngsters will enjoy one of the proudest moments of their lives when they get to present cycling jerseys they designed to the winners of a top cycle race coming to town next month.
Riders on the Stevenage stage of the Pearl Izumi Tour will be racing around the Old Town on Monday, June 6.
After winning a design competition run by Stevenage Borough Council, Amber Harris and George Francis from Peartree Spring Primary School will present their creations to the winners of both men’s and women’s events.
Amber and George will stand on the winner’s podium to present their jerseys, made by Pro Vision Clothing.
The borough’s outgoing mayor Howard Burrell presented them with souvenir jerseys featuring their own designs at a special ceremony at the school on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Congratulations to George and Amber. They fought off stiff competition and I’m sure the stage winners will be impressed by their designs. I’m sure they will look forward to presenting their jerseys to the winners.”
Stevenage is one of ten rounds in different towns across the UK. For more about the event visit www.tourseries.co.uk.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction