Join the Stevenage Heli Hounds walk to raise money for the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Join more than 200 dog walkers for a stroll through Stevenage’s Fairlands Valley Park and raise money for the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
The Heli Hounds 5km walk will take place at 10.30am on Sunday, October 15, and all dogs taking part will receive a goody bag on completion of their walk.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We know money doesn’t mean much to dogs, but it means a lot to humans, and even more to our life-saving helicopters. Just £59 can purchase traction splints - used for realigning broken long bones, commonly following motorcycle accidents and falls.
“Help save a life and get sponsored for your walk by setting up a JustGiving page or downloading one of our sponsorship forms.”
To register for £5 per dog, visit www.ehaat.org/events/heli-hounds-2017. The first 250 dogs to sign up will receive a free doggy bandana. Registration on the day starts at 9.30am and is £7 per dog.
At the walk, one lucky dog will have the chance to be crowned the charity’s 2018 poster dog, their Heli Hound Hero.
To be in with a chance you need email a recent picture of your four-legged friend to email@example.com before Monday with the subject ‘Heli Hound Hero’. Make sure to include their name, so they know who they’re looking at.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 6 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 7 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 8 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 9 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 10 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening